Saturday, April 5, 2008

Reviews and Rants

Love how short goodbyes are, if you're wondering what i'm talking bout, refer to my previous post. I'm blogging from the very piece of technological device i loathe.

Anyway, just came back from BTS after watching this chinese movie, resurrection of the dragon, a spin off (sorta) of the famed Romance of the Three Kingdoms. I'm not gonna reveal any spoilers here, save that the movie isn't based on the literature piece at all. Certain events, yes but even those are downplayed. Most of them are made up. God knows why they'd want to ruin such a nice tale, that is beyond me. I know i felt kinda dumb for buying the ticket. Maggie Q didn't make it worth my time since i don't have hots for her, the only thing I feel glad would be the opening theme, which doesn't fit the Three Kingdom background at all.

Save for a few 'touching' scenes, the entire movie is crap. Every scene is rushing from one to the other. My, I'd think that if the viewers do not have certain basic grasp of the Three Kingdom storyline, they'd be lost somewhere in the show. This is basically an action war movie, yet the actions are a major disappointment. Choreography sucks, it's actually chaos and senseless blood spilling. I was half expecting flying limbs, severed head (sorry if this appears to be grotesque, I was only banking on the fact that at least the movie would stay true to the action scenes as pictured in the novel). Blood were spilling and i was wondering where is it from. Bodies are thrown all over but I seriously do not know why, just for the sake of flying bodies yep.

If you've watched all the movies out there and want to spend whatever coin's left in your pocket, by all means go for it. I wouldn't recommend it, not after I've watched another better Chinese war movie, pseudo war actually. Assembly beats this movie hands down.

They've ruined my favorite character from the Three Kingdoms series, I hate them.

No comments: