Friday, April 4, 2008

O w n e d

*title* big time. Laptop decided it was a good time to go into shock, again. Several resuscitation attempt to revive it failed miserably. Had to call in the pro, the experts in this sorta dealings to help me look at it.

Initially, it all seemed fine. The blue screen of death (first BSoD that is) appeared and I was kinda shocked. Previously, whenever my laptop displays any near death signs, or eventually died, I could bring it back to life simply by just giving it some time to breathe. When the death screen appeared, I quickly looked up the net for those DIY solutions, home made remedies. Somehow i came across what they call it, the Window's debugging tool, downloaded it and did whatever i was supposed to. Post the log of what took place to the pro, a friend of mine in the States who was kind enough to assist, and told me that it looked like some network driver problem. Fixed that, and went back to FFxi happily.

I thought that's the end of my laptop's death threats. No more crashes, freezes, all in all, end of most of my frustrations. So, as I was standing beside my latest favourite NPC, the relic GK wielding Elvaan, Noilurie, pounding on the wolves (she got wtfpwnt later by the boss tho), my laptop did it again. This time, it was conveniently after Noi's untimely yet expected demise to Anders, I was raised shortly after Anders beat me to within an inch of my cyber life. Ok, so it died, the same blue screen popped up. I waited for it to restart and then starts running the debug tool again, then it popped the death screen, restarting straight away.

Friend told me I can do a recovery of the C drive with the internal partition by Alt + F10, that got my hopes up. I was disappointed when I found out that Acer did not supply me with a recovery CD for times like this, when I decide to go for a wipe and build things back from scratch. So I, with much anticipation, hit the power button and spam the two designated keyboard button, only to end up in ScanDisk. I thought this was normal procedure, so I let it scan and when it was done, I thought "ooo shit now i can finally say goodbye to all this crap", and I did. Only, not in the way I had hope it would be. Alt + F10 = Nada. Turns out, it's either they forgot to load it back for me the last time I sent it for repair (yea, major re-offender my laptop is), it's broken, or it's just a myth written in the User's Guide and therefore it is non existent.

That was the last straw, although I kept clinging on to whatever faith I have left, like an AIDS patient saying "I'M GONNA LIVE! I WON'T FKN DIE!" when the doctors starts shaking their head while looking at me, giving me the looks that says "nothing we can do for this loser now". Whatever faith that was left, has left me when my laptop is hell bent on dying. It reboots itself, and the screen goes blank. No words, no lights, no nothing. Tapped the few power button twice, the fan runs, I could hear electronics buzzing, but no light. It's like a brain dead person, the heart runs but the brain is out. This ain't the first time it became 'brain dead', but I suspect it would be the last time. As it turns out, I'm not too keen to use that piece of metal trash again, and my guts tells me that it would have wished for the same as well.

Nice knowing you, Acer Aspire 5673, my 4999 bucks, my 2 years of nothing that works right, broken fan, broken harddisk, dead pixels, broken wifi although i got most of those major organs rep'ed. Rest in peace, soon in pieces, and sleep with the fishes.


No comments: